Dear UNA Members,
As the United Nations General Assembly meets in New York, you don't have to be in NYC to be a part of the action! Global Goals Week provides a set of actions you can take to support the Sustainable Development Goals during UN General Assembly week. Here are four ways you can get involved and make sure your voice is being heard:
- Support the Sustainable Development Goals. Learn how.
- Follow along with the UNA-USA Blogger Fellows at the Social Good Summit. Follow them on Twitter and read their blog posts on the GenUN website.
- Host an event. The UN General Assembly will convene a high-level plenary meeting on addressing large movements of refugees and migrants. While you may not be able to attend the Summit in person, you can view the agenda and help address the refugee crisis in your own community by hosting an Adopt-A-Future event, a UNA-USA campaign in support of refugees.
- Tune in to the Global Citizen Festival. The Global Citizen Music Festival is a continued effort to end extreme poverty by 2030, as proposed by the United Nations' Sustainable Developmental Goals. By taking online actions on the Global Citizen website, including watching videos and signing petitions, people can earn free tickets to attend the event. You can also watch the Global Citizen Festival livestream on MSNBC. The 2016 festival includes performances by headliners Demi Lovato, Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Major Lazer and Metallica as well as special guests Usher, Coldplay's Chris Martin, Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, Ellie Goulding, Yandel and Yusuf / Cat Stevens.
Thank you for all your support, and happy Global Goals Week!
United Nations Association of the United States of America
BECOME A UNA MEMBER
- Published: 01 October 2017 01 October 2017